[NatureNS] Covid lock down

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:21:05 -0300

class=3DMso
--------------CEC3E9D10CFE48AE1AE26214

Hi Rick and all.

     On that point I agree with you if the extrapolation to population
from samples tested was based on targeted testing not random testing (I
assumed perhaps incorrectly that his samples were random), but I was
especially taken by his comments about adverse effects of social
isolation; events that will haunt some people for a lifetime.

     A family breakup can  have terrible consequences for the entire
lives of all concerned and so on. And this has happened (e.g. the guy
who flipped and killed over 20). Cabin fever is no joke.

     And also his points about immunity were valid. A couch potato is
not well positioned to resist a disease.

     I appreciate your comments Rick. It is always good to have a well
tuned crap detector.

     Keeping 6' apart is no big deal nor is groups of five or less. But
I continue to think that fresh air and exercise is a good strategy to
maintain physical and mental health. And a healthy person is well
positioned to survive a disease.

     And to my dying day I will maintain that having the opportunity to
use parks and trails would do no harm but does good; all things
considered. I do not object the these restraints (parks and trails) on
my behalf because I have woodlots but I feel sorry for those less fortunate.

To good health.

Dave

On 4/30/2020 11:57 AM, Rick Whitman wrote:
> Dave, I don't think this was helpful. You have at least as much Stats
> as I do. The fraction of the population that has been tested for
> covid-19 in every single one of these states and countries has been
> hugely biased towards those showing symptoms or very known contact. It
> has been VERY difficult for anyone else to get tested.
>
> Therefore, the extrapolation of the positive infection rates in these
> tested populations, to the entire populations of each state or
> country, is absolutely BOGUS.
>
> Therefore, the calculation of death rates from actual known deaths and
> BOGUS estimates of infected populations, is entirely BOGUS and
> massively under-estimates the death rate of those truly infected by
> covid-19.
>
> I could probably go further but there isn't any point.
>
> On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 09:34, David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com
> <mailto:dwebster@glinx.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>          This item on Facebook is I think relevant to our current
>     conditions
>     re access to nature.
>
>     https://www.bitchute.com/video/WLp53rpJ2B7i/?fbclid=IwAR1yRlC5SAPFgLvblstoMSbi6km9cxFBN43ZIuyExf10UVs9gUk2A5yDMgA
>
>     Dave, Kentville

--------------CEC3E9D10CFE48AE1AE26214

  <head>
  </head>
      population from samples tested was based on targeted testing not
      random testing (I assumed perhaps incorrectly that his samples
      were random), but I was especially taken by his comments about
      adverse effects of social isolation; events that will haunt some
      people for a lifetime. <br>
      entire lives of all concerned and so on. And this has happened
      (e.g. the guy who flipped and killed over 20). Cabin fever is no
      joke.<br>
      is not well positioned to resist a disease.    <br>
      well tuned crap detector. <br>
      less. But I continue to think that fresh air and exercise is a
      good strategy to maintain physical and mental health. And a
      healthy person is well positioned to survive a disease.<br>
      opportunity to use parks and trails would do no harm but does
      good; all things considered. I do not object the these restraints
      (parks and trails) on my behalf because I have woodlots but I feel
      sorry for those less fortunate.</p>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA9nSY-nKswcfrSYCYS-eioEw76jcA_GRP+cNz4pFZW3Dg+yCQ@mail.gmail.com">
        least as much Stats as I do. The fraction of the population that
        has been tested for covid-19 in every single one of these states
        and countries has been hugely biased towards those showing
        symptoms or very known contact. It has been VERY difficult for
        anyone else to get tested.
          rates in these tested populations, to the entire populations
          of each state or country, is absolutely BOGUS.</div>
          deaths and BOGUS estimates of infected populations, is
          entirely BOGUS and massively under-estimates the death rate of
          those truly infected by covid-19.</div>
          David Webster &lt;<a href="mailto:dwebster@glinx.com"