[NatureNS] Barred Owl

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 21:23:36 -0300

We have at least a pair on our property too.  Not sure how serious they are,
but I hear male/ or both calling two or three times through the day. I saw
one flying through our back yard this evening. We have crows nesting nearby
so do not know whether there's been some interaction, as around 4:00 am I
heard the owl hoot once and then some strange calls that may have been from
a crow quickly followed.

Nice to have owls back on the Wolfville Ridge Rd again.

Cheers,
Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts
   Wolfville