[NatureNS] Multiflora Rose & Robins

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 10:30:02 -0300

--------------6F44185A4E6FEC489777921F

I noticed the Cardinals going after our holly berries yesterday.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 4/10/2019 10:09 AM, Burkhard Plache wrote:
> The multiflora rose hips at our place are often eaten by deer later in fall.
> Not sure if that is a deliberate choice, or just accidental
> consumption during foliage browsing.
> The last berries around here are Japanese Barberry, probably not tasty
> (or not filling?).
> Burkhard (Frog Pond area, Halifax)
>

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 9:59 AM David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>>       With snow cover limiting feeding choices since the snow Monday
>> night, Robins have nearly stripped the nearby  Multiflora Roses
>> yesterday and this morning.
>>
>> Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

--------------6F44185A4E6FEC489777921F

  <head>
  </head>
      berries yesterday.<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAD2SNSBZz+RejH5M2Ub2Pi8uTfRUBzBAAO4oHv16N8O7r4byBw@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">The multiflora rose hips at our place are often eaten by deer later in fall.
Not sure if that is a deliberate choice, or just accidental
consumption during foliage browsing.
The last berries around here are Japanese Barberry, probably not tasty
(or not filling?).
Burkhard (Frog Pond area, Halifax)

     With snow cover limiting feeding choices since the snow Monday
night, Robins have nearly stripped the nearby  Multiflora Roses
yesterday and this morning.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">