(No Subject)

By contrast, are you reporting an average minimum daily (or rather overnightly) temperature value, to get an average value as low as -6.7 °C?   I don’t think it can be a daily average.  When we came here unsuspecting in shorts and sandals from Australia around January 1982, we had several temperature excursions down into the minus 20s, which don’t seem to happen any more.  The wireless thermometer on our deck in Halifax has dipped only as low as -13°C this year (though for far too many days for comfort), and agrees closely with the weather channel report for that time period.  So is your minus 6.7 Celsius an average overnight minimum?

By the way, who originated the modern Celsius temperature scale?

Steve