[NatureNS] Monarch Butterflies

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 22:59:52 -0300

Two Monarch Butterflies were seen this afternoon (August 6/15) by Mary
Millard Smith
They were on the ocean side of the White Point Nature Trail, feeding on red
clover.

Today I have seen at least 2  fritillary,  a couple Viceroys, a Red Admiral,
and several Painted ladies. It has been slow but finally we are getting a
few at a time  here at my place in White Point, Queens.
There is a tan/mauve? one with a lacy edge but I've been too busy to chase
after them. Not a mourning cloak for sure.

Hummingbirds are extremely active.

We have bees, lots of Bees finally. The oregano that has gone wild about the
property is blooming now and that is full of all kind of flying insects. My
sister saw a couple honey bees in the mix.

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard
MargMillard.ca
B0T 1G0 (902)683-2393