[NatureNS] new video

Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:08:01 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Paul,
I thought that one Woodcock was probably swallowing 1 or 2 items
between 0.55 & 1.05. I'm sure it would take absolutely anything alive
so that could be nematodes or very small worms or any invertebrate.
Certainly we don't see them getting any large earthworms & we also
know some are starving.
Things are improving very rapidly right now. Woodcock are early
migrants and they always cope with extensive snow cover in the woods.
They can't cope with total snow cover (except on driveways, roadsides
and beaches) but that's what they found this year.
Best,
Rick.