[NatureNS] Birding HRM today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 22:06:46 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8f22c4afb62b0004d26cef48

Hi Lois,

No problem - We're planning to go tomorrow, and your question and answer
are exactly what 3 Valley Boys will need !

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--e89a8f22c4afb62b0004d26cef48

Hi Lois,<br><br>No problem - We&#39;re planning to go tomorrow, and your qu=
estion and answer are exactly what 3 Valley Boys will need !<br><br>Richard=
ling <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca" t=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    Sorry folks, did it again!=A0 This was supposed to go directly to Don.<=
span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><br>
      wrote:<br>
     =20
      Hi Don,<br>
      We are thinking of trying for the Ross&#39; Goose tomorrow, but we
      have very little time to check for it, as we can&#39;t leave my Dad
      alone for very long.=A0 Could you tell me where you saw it in a
      little more detail (just in case it stays in the same place!)?<br>
      Thanks for the ad, by the way!<br>
      Lois<br>
        wrote:<br>
       =20
       =20
       =20
            and this morning watching the Hartlen Point geese through my
            20X scope without getting satisfactory results.=A0 I returned
            later this morning and the geese were walking along the
            fairway and the Ross&#39;s Goose was easily identifiable as it
            was side on to me and I had a good look at its bill and
            size.=A0 It pays to keep trying.</font></div>
            Rough-legged Hawk along Caldwell Rd.=A0 It was hovering over
            the airport property.</font></div>
            As I arrived, the brighter Pine Warbler came within 2 feet
            of me.=A0 I guess I was standing close to where Lois feeds
            them mealworms.=A0 Some other birds I saw that she had
            reported earlier were: a Baltimore Oriole, an Evening
            Grosbeak, a Brown-headed Cowbird, a female Red-winged
            Blackbird and flocks of redpolls, siskins and goldfinches.=A0
            As well, both the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers came to the
            suet and a Ring-necked Pheasant was heard calling behind her
            property.=A0 Chickadees, juncos, starlings, house sparrows,
            Rock Pigeons, and crows were there.=A0 Lois certainly makes it
            easy to make a good start=A0on a 2013 list.</font></div>

chard Stern, <br>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichar=
d@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##############=
#####

--e89a8f22c4afb62b0004d26cef48--