[NatureNS] Birding HRM today

Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:14:47 -0400
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

  &lt;DIV&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/DIV&gt
--------------040906000404030600010606

Sorry folks, did it again!  This was supposed to go directly to Don.
Lois Codling

On 03/01/2013 8:59 PM, Lois Codling wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> We are thinking of trying for the Ross' Goose tomorrow, but we have
> very little time to check for it, as we can't leave my Dad alone for
> very long.  Could you tell me where you saw it in a little more detail
> (just in case it stays in the same place!)?
>
> Thanks for the ad, by the way!
>
> Lois
> On 03/01/2013 4:46 PM, Don MacNeill wrote:
>> I spent a long time yesterday and this morning watching the Hartlen
>> Point geese through my 20X scope without getting satisfactory
>> results.  I returned later this morning and the geese were walking
>> along the fairway and the Ross's Goose was easily identifiable as it
>> was side on to me and I had a good look at its bill and size.  It
>> pays to keep trying.
>> There was a dark morph Rough-legged Hawk along Caldwell Rd.  It was
>> hovering over the airport property.
>> Lois Codling's was a delight. As I arrived, the brighter Pine Warbler
>> came within 2 feet of me.  I guess I was standing close to where Lois
>> feeds them mealworms.  Some other birds I saw that she had reported
>> earlier were: a Baltimore Oriole, an Evening Grosbeak, a Brown-headed
>> Cowbird, a female Red-winged Blackbird and flocks of redpolls,
>> siskins and goldfinches. As well, both the Downy and Hairy
>> Woodpeckers came to the suet and a Ring-necked Pheasant was heard
>> calling behind her property.  Chickadees, juncos, starlings, house
>> sparrows, Rock Pigeons, and crows were there.  Lois certainly makes
>> it easy to make a good start on a 2013 list.
>> Don
>> Don MacNeill
>> donmacneill@bellaliant.net <mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net>

--------------040906000404030600010606

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Sorry folks, did it again!&nbsp; This was supposed to go directly to Don.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      wrote:<br>
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      Hi Don,<br>
      We are thinking of trying for the Ross' Goose tomorrow, but we
      have very little time to check for it, as we can't leave my Dad
      alone for very long.&nbsp; Could you tell me where you saw it in a
      little more detail (just in case it stays in the same place!)?<br>
      Thanks for the ad, by the way!<br>
      Lois<br>
        wrote:<br>
        type="cite">
          http-equiv="Content-Type">
            and this morning watching the Hartlen Point geese through my
            20X scope without getting satisfactory results.&nbsp; I returned
            later this morning and the geese were walking along the
            fairway and the Ross's Goose was easily identifiable as it
            was side on to me and I had a good look at its bill and
            size.&nbsp; It pays to keep trying.</font></div>
            Rough-legged Hawk along Caldwell Rd.&nbsp; It was hovering over
            the airport property.</font></div>
            As I arrived, the brighter Pine Warbler came within 2 feet
            of me.&nbsp; I guess I was standing close to where Lois feeds
            them mealworms.&nbsp; Some other birds I saw that she had
            reported earlier were: a Baltimore Oriole, an Evening
            Grosbeak, a Brown-headed Cowbird, a female Red-winged
            Blackbird and flocks of redpolls, siskins and goldfinches.&nbsp;
            As well, both the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers came to the
            suet and a Ring-necked Pheasant was heard calling behind her
            property.&nbsp; Chickadees, juncos, starlings, house sparrows,
            Rock Pigeons, and crows were there.&nbsp; Lois certainly makes it
            easy to make a good start&nbsp;on a 2013 list.</font></div>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"

--------------040906000404030600010606--