[NatureNS] American Kestrel in south Dartmouth

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:49:16 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--f46d042ef4a54b8fa504d12347b1

We routinely get injured ones, and sometimes in the winter too.

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--f46d042ef4a54b8fa504d12347b1

We routinely get injured ones, and sometimes in the winter too. <br><br>Hel=
 NS Plovers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nsplovers@gmail.com" ta=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi all,<br><br>Slightly belated note here, b=
ut the Christmas Bird Count along the south Dartmouth waterfront on Sunday,=
 16 Dec. yielded an interesting surprise: a female American Kestrel perched=
 on a tree above the walking trail that runs below the NS Community College=
 campus. She appeared to be hunting something in the grasses below.=A0 Has =
anyone else seen kestrels lately?=A0 Perhaps they&#39;re more common than I=
 thought.<br>

br>Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre<br>RR#1 Brookfield NS B0N1C0<br>=
902-893-0253<br><a href=3D"mailto:birdvet@hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">bi=
rdvet@hotmail.com</a><br>
www.cwrc.net<br><br>

--f46d042ef4a54b8fa504d12347b1--