[NatureNS] Dogs on walks

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:23:04 -0300

I'm looking for a bit of a straw poll:

What do you think of taking dogs on walks such as the Cape Split Trail?

Thanks,
Doug Linzey

First off understand I love dogs.
I expect that trails  are fairly busy so here are my thoughts on the
subject. If the trail says no dogs, then no dogs.
If I'm walking one (we are not owned at the moment) it must be on  leash and
no exceptions because "...my dog needs the exercise and he always listens".
One owner one dog.
I expect to pack out all waste and deposits, people's or pet's, and I expect
to give right of way over to walkers who might not be pet owners. I am sick
and tired of dogs whose people  think I or my dog have to be jumped on by
their wonderful dog(s) . All dogs have off days and .......vets are
expensive.
In a family of dog owners these are not  popular opinions to have.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens