[NatureNS] Pine Warblers

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 01:36:26 +0000

--_72549568-5b85-4e8a-8b05-97e7d8684f4d_

Dorothy Poole=2C Anne Hughes and I did some birding in and around Mahone Ba=
y this morning.  At 155 Clearway St.=2C at the location where I had the two=
 or more warblers the other day.  We confirmed that at least two were prese=
nt.  One is a bright brilliant yellow chested pine warbler and the other is=
 a duller one.  Still brighter than the other warbler that I saw the other =
day=2C which I called a blackpoll and am still convinced of such due to the=
 olive-colored chest with the streaks and the correct leg color.  The dulle=
r pine does not show up as often as the brilliant one.  We also located a t=
hird pine warbler in the vegetation above house 1540 along the Oakland Road=
.  This was also a brilliant yellow chested bird.  Six northern cardinals w=
ere also observed by us today with three in Mahone Bay=2C two males and a f=
emale and another pair with a young male in almost adult plumage and a fema=
le at house 1540 Oakland Road.
=20
There was also lots of waterfowl around today.  I'll send a posting to natu=
rens as to what and where when time allows. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_72549568-5b85-4e8a-8b05-97e7d8684f4d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Dorothy Poole=2C Anne Hughes and I did some birding in and around Mahone Ba=
y this morning.&nbsp=3B At 155 Clearway St.=2C at the location where I had =
the two or more warblers the other day.&nbsp=3B We confirmed that at least =
two were present.&nbsp=3B One is a bright brilliant yellow chested pine war=
bler and the other is a duller one.&nbsp=3B Still brighter than the other w=
arbler that I saw the other day=2C which I called a blackpoll and am still =
convinced of such due to the olive-colored chest with the streaks and the c=
orrect leg color.&nbsp=3B The duller pine does not show up as often as the =
brilliant one.&nbsp=3B We also located a third pine warbler in the vegetati=
on above house 1540 along the Oakland Road.&nbsp=3B This was also a brillia=
nt yellow chested bird.&nbsp=3B Six northern cardinals were also observed b=
y us today with three in Mahone Bay=2C two males and a female and another p=
air with a young male in almost adult plumage and a female at house 1540 Oa=
kland Road.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
There was also lots of waterfowl around today.&nbsp=3B I'll send a posting =
to naturens as to what and where when time allows.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_72549568-5b85-4e8a-8b05-97e7d8684f4d_--