[NatureNS] Brier Island today

From: Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:25:28 -0400
Cc: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi.

We have had no power all day (we still don't 24 hrs later), so as I had already decided to join Eric on the Brier Island CBC I went ahead and went down there. The storm had abated by the time I left home at 7am. The first lights I saw were in Bridgetown. There were several tractor-trailers on their sides along the 101. Many of the back roads near home were blocked by fallen trees. Anyway once I got to Brier things had settled.

Birding highlights for me were good numbers of many kinds
Of sea ducks, 1 T.vulture, 2 Purple sandpipers, an unidentified imm. Jaeger, lines of Razorbills flying by W. Light, several Dovekies, a N. shrike and about 70 Bohemian waxwings. There were relatively few land birds. No doubt Eric will be posting more good stuff.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone