[NatureNS] Monarchs Emerge

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Andrew Hebda <HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:06:48 -0300

Hi Steve & All,                Aug 4, 2010
    With regard to snails on milkweed I paste the following---
START OF PASTE\\\\\\
Dear All, Aug 22, 2005
While out for a short walk we happened to notice snails on Milkweed
leaves; both under and upper sides with up to 10 snails per plant being
not uncommon. I could see no evidence of feeding.

These snails were <1 cm-long and the last whorl represented about
98% of the volume.
END OF PASTE\\\\\\\\\\

    These were tentatively identified by Derek Davis (Sept 5 e-mail) as
Cochlicopa lubrica; firm ID pending receipt of sample. So I collected some
on Sept 9, 2005 (S40) and left a sample at the museum Aug 16, 2006. But have
not heard back.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville