[NatureNS] Wolfville Harbour Tues

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:10:14 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e644d6d0f59578048bd5991f

Hi,

I went there yesterday as the tide was falling, around 11am,and saw much the
same, but there were about 20 Willets and Dowitchers and a few Gr.Yellowlegs
- at one point an adult F.N.Harrier made a low pass, and was immediately
dive-bombed by all the Willets. Quite a sight, but too far away to capture
well on video. I also saw a couple with binoculars, who turned out to be
birders visiting the Maritimes from California. They said it was a thrill to
see Bald Eagles in PEI. I told them they were common in the Valley, and
looked up - and there was an adult circling high overhead. I felt like a
magician!

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016e644d6d0f59578048bd5991f

Hi,<br><br>I went there yesterday as the tide was falling, around 11am,and =
saw much the same, but there were about 20 Willets and Dowitchers and a few=
 Gr.Yellowlegs - at one point an adult F.N.Harrier made a low pass, and was=
 immediately dive-bombed by all the Willets. Quite a sight, but too far awa=
y to capture well on video. I also saw a couple with binoculars, who turned=
 out to be birders visiting the Maritimes from California. They said it was=
 a thrill to see Bald Eagles in PEI. I told them they were common in the Va=
lley, and looked up - and there was an adult circling high overhead. I felt=
 like a magician!<br>

PM, Judy Tufts <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tandove@ns.sympatico=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb=
(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

Tues July 20 /10<br>
On a very =A0brief check for shorebirds in Wolfville harbour around noon<br=

today, I observed 14 Dowitchers (Short-billed?) =A0flying into the harbour,=
joining 6 Willets already feeding on the exposed =A0mudflats. High tide had=
been around =A08.20 a.m. =A0There may well have been more birds =A0around b=
ut I<br>
did not have time to linger.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Judy Tufts<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
 =A0Judy Tufts<br>
=A0Wolfville NS<br>
&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<br>
0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</=
a><br>

--0016e644d6d0f59578048bd5991f--