[NatureNS] Spotted Sandpiper nesting in Bedford

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:22:59 -0300

Hi,

Indeed, Environment Canada has been informed of the Spotted Sandpiper nest
close to the infill at Crosby Island in the Basin, and the site has been
visited by one of the EC's Enforcement Officers.  He was able to speak to
the developer, hopefully in time to protect the nest site.  Still haven't
heard whether or not we can save this site and other nearby natural
shoreline from disturbance...

Regards,

Bob McDonald
Nesting shorebird on video - Bedford basin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoenfm0gOI

Just wondering if this is of interest to any of the group.

The video was sent to me to highlight the problem of infilling of the
Bedford Basin and may be of interest to some of you in its own right. (I see
someone has started a facebook group too if that interests you.)

Cheers,
I. Marshall