[NatureNS] Medium-sized accipiter, Hammonds Plains Road, HRM

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:30:46 -0300

Hi all,

An accipiter that looked crow-size (chased by grackles for comparison)
and had a longish tail, steady flight, distinct white terminal tail
band (backlit) and (perhaps hallucinated) darker-seeming cap flew low
behind 669 Hammonds Plains Road this morning c. 9:30.

I wasn't crazy about the forward-jutting "wrists", though. Nor about
running the car off the road. So I guess it's a sharpie (or UFO) for
now.

Unless someone sees it again ...

Cheers,
Andy Horn