[NatureNS] Chimney Swifts - none at King's College but 99 at New Glasgow

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:23:43 -0300

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644
Hi Pat
I wonder if you may have started your watch too late. Tonight (July7) at
Temperance St. School in New Glasgow, I recorded my first swifts entereing
at 9:03. By 9:20, 70 birds had gone in the chimney. The last 4 entered at
9:29 for a total of 99 birds. It was 28C, clear skies, light breeze and
sunset 9:03.
cheers
Ken