[NatureNS] Hartlen Point Sunday July 4

From: uhoeger@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 20:47:30 -0300

I took a stroll across Hartlen Point this afternoon.
Walked down the beach, around the headland, the trail behind Back Cove, around the loop
that takes you out at the service road entrance.
Noteworthy was a Northern Parula, actively foraging in an opening close to the old dump site
where they put a new trail in.  He or she (not 100% sure yet, will have to check photos later)
eventually took of with a mouth full of insects into the woods.
For me one of the uncommon Hartlen Point warblers, espcl. this time of the year, showing
suspicious behaviour.
The rest of the gang included American Redstarts, Yellow W., Common Yellowthroat, Black
and White, Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Green.

Ulli