[NatureNS] Tides and Time of day for pelagic birds in Bay of Fundy

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:25:42 -0300

Hi Liz,

My experience has been that a NW gale on a rising tide, esp. in fall, can be very productive
from Northern Point. Those are conditions, of course, that make observations at sea almost
impossible, and in fact it can be pretty darn unpleasant watching from land into the teeth of
a gale (not to speak of the windchill). But it can be spectacular, nonetheless, from August
right into early December, under those conditions.

All the best,

Eric