[NatureNS] Baby Grackle

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:27:23 -0300

I have been hearing a lot of loud grackle speak near the house and finally
went to check. It seems there is a baby  (doesn't appear to be able to fly
yet) on the ground by the house. Must have fallen from a nest I expect is in
the pine a bit away. It is feathered but has a raw looking spot on neck.
Normally I wouldn't go near but I can see it from my window. It is a
constant calling, I haven't seen anyone feed it. There is a bird aware it is
there. It flies over. Lots of cats about.......could become an h'ordourve. I
guess I want to know should it stay there or.......???
Marg
http://MargMillard.ca