[NatureNS] Eagles have not returned to Nest - Scots Bay & Cliff Swallows

From: "Ian McKay" <ian@amimckay.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:16:17 -0300

--=======AVGMAIL-7A6C25C1=======

Just an update...

I have observed the nest in Scots Bay at least 3 times a day since I saw the
eagles on it last week and have not seen them sittting there since. I have
seen a pair on the beach close by on two occassions but that is it.

However, I visited Houston Beach last night and was treated to a show of
between 70-100 cliff swallows flying around their nests high in the cliffs
[just below the grass overhang]  about 1km north the road entrance to the
shore. This was at about 7:45PM. Wonderful show.

Ian
Scots Bay

--=======AVGMAIL-7A6C25C1=======

--=======AVGMAIL-6C413425=======