[NatureNS] National bird of Canada

From: Steve Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 15:28:10 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Given the disparity in our population size compared to that of the
nearby eagle-icon nation, how about backing the true king of the birds,
Aesop's Wren? (well it was Greek, but probably a related species)

In the fly-off to establish who should be king of the birds, Eagle flew
highest by far until he (she?) was tired out and could fly no higher,
but forgot that clever Wren was perched upon his back.  Wren then took
off and flew a bit higher, claiming the title.

Small and definitely a thinking bird, except that it probably needed a
hefty bailout to get back down to earth.