[NatureNS] Eastern Kingbird still in the Public Gardens

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 17:09:08 -0300

May 6, 2010
Many thanks to Andy Horn and Hendrik Reers, I walked over to the Halifax
Public Gardens, which is a block away from where I live.   Easily found a
pair of Kingbirds busily catching flies and returning to the small elm??
tree in the right/ east 'cove' of the large pond.  They were not on the
island as mentioned in Andy's posting.  Most of the time, they stuck
together. Otherwise, either one would fly far from the tree but return to
the 'tree'.  They were still there at 5 pm.  I had to go when rain was
coming down hard.  No sign of the drake Wood duck.   I should check the
Gardens more often!

Cheers, liz