[NatureNS] Early Warblers on Nichol's Lake trail, HRM

Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 16:21:57 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

--=====================_456788468==.ALT

Thursday, 6 May 2010

At 12:09 PM 06/05/2010, Hans Toom wrote:
>My morning stroll at Jerry Lawrence Provincial Park turned up nine
>warblers species; Nashville, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided,
>Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Green, Palm, Black-and-White, Ovenbird
>and Common Yellowthroat.

The arrival times for warblers are always later closer to the
Atlantic coastline, but I was pleased to hear Northern Parula,
Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Green, and Black-and-White on the
Nichol's Lake trail, which leads down from the Sunrise Park
Interfaith Cemetery, off the Prospect Road.  There isn't the warbler
diversity on this trail that Jerry Lawrence Park has -- I've never
had Ovenbird, Nashville, or Chestnut-sided on this trail in breeding season.

The warblers are early for this area, as was a Blue-headed Vireo on the trail.

Cheers,

Blake

Blake Maybank
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca
902-852-2077

Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"
http://nsbs.chebucto.org

author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
http://tinyurl.com/birdingns
Downloadable Nova Scotia Maps for inside front and back covers:
http://tinyurl.com/mr627d

White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada
--=====================_456788468==.ALT

At 12:09 PM 06/05/2010, Hans Toom wrote:<br>
Lawrence Provincial Park turned up nine warblers species; <b>Nashville,
Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided, Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Green,
The arrival times for warblers are always later closer to the Atlantic
coastline, but I was pleased to hear <b>Northern Parula, Yellow-rumped,
Black-throated Green, and Black-and-White </b>on the Nichol's Lake trail,
which leads down from the Sunrise Park Interfaith Cemetery, off the
Prospect Road.&nbsp; There isn't the warbler diversity on this trail that
Jerry Lawrence Park has -- I've never had Ovenbird, Nashville, or
Chestnut-sided on this trail in breeding season.<br><br>
The warblers are early for this area, as was a Blue-headed Vireo on the
trail.<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Blake<br><br>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Blake Maybank<br>
maybank@ns.sympatico.ca<br>
902-852-2077<br><br>
Editor, &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot;<br>
http://nsbs.chebucto.org<br><br>
</a>author, &quot;Birding Sites of Nova Scotia&quot;<br>
http://tinyurl.com/birdingns<br>
covers:<br>
White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada </body>