[NatureNS] Nest swapping

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 21:19:59 +0000

--_2864f8dd-6ad4-44ad-83c9-4141ee6d14ff_

I've been watching a pair of starling at a nest hole on a pole for weeks no=
w.  As of a week ago I've noticed a northern flicker at the hole entrance i=
n the mornings and evenings every day.  Therefore=2C I believe the flicker =
stole the nest sight.

=20

Starlings are busy carrying food everywhere now and I found my first locall=
y build robins nest for this year.  Also=2C a pair of downy woodpeckers are=
 escavating.  It should be interesting to see the results from Spring Migra=
tion.  Most of the song sparrows locally have shut up as they are already b=
eyond the stage of territory and mate as are a lot of other species. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
Win $10=2C000 from Hotmail! Enter Here.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9729708=

--_2864f8dd-6ad4-44ad-83c9-4141ee6d14ff_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
I've been watching a pair of starling at a nest hole on a pole for weeks no=
w.&nbsp=3B As of a week ago I've noticed a northern flicker at the hole ent=
rance in the mornings and evenings every day.&nbsp=3B Therefore=2C I believ=
e the flicker stole the nest sight.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Starlings are busy carrying food everywhere now and I found my first locall=
y build robins nest for this year.&nbsp=3B Also=2C a pair of downy woodpeck=
ers are escavating.&nbsp=3B It should be interesting to see the results fro=
m Spring Migration.&nbsp=3B Most of the song sparrows locally have shut up =
as they are already beyond the stage of territory and mate as are a lot of =
other species.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />30 days of prizes to be won with Hotmail=
.  <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9729703' target=3D'_new'>En=
ter here</a></body>

--_2864f8dd-6ad4-44ad-83c9-4141ee6d14ff_--