[NatureNS] Glossy Ibis- Berry Head near Tor Bay, Guys

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:18:28 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_EQb4WY6FEzNcKLk8Fk5pZg)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

April 24, 2010

Hi all
While atlassing square 20PR30, Berry Head near Tor Bay PP in Guys. Co. I saw a GLOSSY IBIS in the marsh back of Red Head Pond. DE Juncos were the main migrant as there were ~ 150 or more as I walked around the head. Beautiful scenery on a nice 4 hour hike I had not done before. There were 23 species on the hike including an Iceland Gull and a couple dozen Gannets flying east. The wind was a bit more than predicted and a detriment to good atlassing. Half way around the head an otter crossed the rock sea wall to a small steam ahead of me.
En route to this square, I did some atlassing in both the Lundy and Bonnet Lake squares. Both Myrtle and Palm Warblers were abundant. It was nice to first hear and then see a PINE GROSBEAK on the Loon L. Rd.  a species not common this past winter. Nice to get some sightings recorded for a few priority squares with little data.
cheers
Ken

--Boundary_(ID_EQb4WY6FEzNcKLk8Fk5pZg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644</FONT></DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>
<DIV><BR>April 24, 2010</DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>While atlassing square 20PR30, Berry Head near Tor
Bay PP in Guys. Co. I saw a GLOSSY IBIS in the marsh back of Red Head Pond. DE
Juncos were the main migrant as there were ~ 150 or more as I walked around the
head. Beautiful scenery on a nice 4 hour hike I had not done before. There were
23 species on the hike including an Iceland Gull and a couple dozen Gannets
flying east. The wind was a bit more than predicted and a detriment to good
atlassing. Half way around the head an otter crossed the rock sea wall to a
small steam ahead of me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>En route to this square, I did some atlassing in
both the Lundy and Bonnet Lake squares. Both Myrtle and Palm Warblers were
abundant. It was nice to first hear and then see a PINE GROSBEAK on the Loon
L.&nbsp;Rd. &nbsp;a species not common this past winter. Nice to get some
sightings recorded for a few priority squares with little data. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_EQb4WY6FEzNcKLk8Fk5pZg)--