[NatureNS] Kentucky Warbler

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:49:03 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_JOTt1HKH9kMMVEpGrM17Yw)

Laura and I had just passed the crest of the hill on Sandy Cove Road this evening heading towards the beach when she uttered,"yellow bird!".  After much searching and study the two of us were able to confirm Kentucky Warbler, adult male.  I didn't have my camera since the conditions were awful for photography I thought and, "what would we see anyways".  Bad move, and a mistake I will not make again during this migration

But no problem, says I, so I drop off Laura and return with my camera and after some searching I found the warbler and obtained some record photos; with high ISO exposures and slow shutter speeds, hand held.  I'll try to clean up a couple of copies for my next upload to my website.  This bird is not at all shy but it's a ground hugger and lurker and seems to be behind something most of the time.

Look for it beside the road on the east side from the second to fourth telephone poles from the crest of the hill.

There's a Killdeer on Sandy Cove Beach.  It's been there for a couple of days.

Hans
_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_JOTt1HKH9kMMVEpGrM17Yw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Laura and I had just passed the crest of the hill
on Sandy Cove Road this evening heading towards the beach when she
uttered,"yellow bird!".&nbsp; After much searching and study the two of us were
able to confirm <STRONG>Kentucky Warbler</STRONG>,&nbsp;adult male.&nbsp; I
didn't have my camera since the conditions were awful for photography I thought
and, "what would we see anyways".&nbsp; Bad move, and a mistake I will not make
again during this migration</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>But no problem, says I, so I drop off Laura and
return with my camera and after some searching I found the warbler and obtained
some record photos; with high&nbsp;ISO exposures&nbsp;and slow shutter speeds,
hand held.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll try to clean up a couple of copies for my next upload
to my website.&nbsp; This bird is not at all shy but it's a ground hugger and
lurker and seems to be behind something most of the time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Look for it beside the road on the east side from
the second to fourth telephone poles from the crest of the hill.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>There's a <STRONG>Killdeer </STRONG>on Sandy Cove
Beach.&nbsp; It's been there for a couple of days.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_JOTt1HKH9kMMVEpGrM17Yw)--