[NatureNS] Norway Maples and a Marine Query

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:44:16 -0300

As it happens, the first indication I have had of the spring bloom was yesterday morning in
light fog and with SE winds in Halifax. Although  I have been in full sniffer mode for the past
three weeks, this is my first "sighting" of the bloom, although Anne tells me that she
detected it here near Lower Rose Bay last week. Blooms are patchy, of course. And we are
detecting the senescence of the bloom, not its beginning.