[NatureNS] Cedar Waxwings

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:06:41 -0300
From: iamclar@dal.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

A;;:

We, too, had a flock of 13 Cedar Waxwings turn up to consume
shrivelled fruits in a barberry hedge yesterday around noon. I have
always thought of it as a food of last resort for robins and waxwings.
It is sometimes used by wintering Bohemian Waxwings, so can't be a
matter of improvement by spring.

Cheers, Ian

Ian McLaren