[NatureNS] Brown headed cowbirds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:56:19 -0300

Just at suppertime, my grapevine  feeding station was visited by brown
headed cowbirds, a male and a female. Also three pairs of purple finches.
The finches were doing the "treat the girls' bit. Lots of wing feathering
and some strutting stretching of neck. 19 Robins this pm, also have 9 male
(?) I think that is all, grackles hanging tight to the property. They are
all going with bits of dry grass. Many more about. Lots and lots of
birds.....
MargMillard in White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca