[NatureNS] bees, wasps, ladybugs etc !

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 14:55:15 -0300

I just had a minute so took a walk about the yard. Mt snowdrops are done and
filling out their seed pods and the croci near the house are drifting over
so I was surprised to see one trembling where there was no breeze. I satyed
and watched to see a bee back out of the flower and enter another.
Elsewhere, my honeysuckle is leafing out, the Japanese Quince buds should
start opening next week if this keeps up, the Climbing Hydrangea buds are
swelling very quickly, twice the size of a day ago and my garlic is up to 4"
and coming fast!!
The deer are playing nightly now in the poppies which just keep coming. I
saw my first chipmunk today, finally. Very shy and very skinny with a ratty
tail.
 A beautiful day with all the birds either offering nesting sites or
building on them. I put a few bits of hair from my brush out in the
grapevine and It was taken away before I got up the steps. You know the cost
of all that birds seed has been well spent to my way of thinking. I have
never heard such bird song as this year. It is spectacular. Now the question
is;  are they all here because of the feeders?
Marg in White Point, Queens
http://MargMillard.ca