[NatureNS] Robin at windows

From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:16:27 -0300

Hi All,                Apr 4, 2010
    One and sometimes two robins have been frequenting the yard for several
days. Today one started flying into the windows on the shaded side of the
house, ~20 times, always flying into the upper part of the upper panes and
then flying off briefly after the wings hit the glass several times.

    I went out to check for possible insects and noticed that, on the shaded
side of the house, the window glass is a fairly good mirror. There were no
insects about so I believe that it was trying to chase off its image.

    This may be common but I don't recall having seen this before.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville