[NatureNS] Winter Wren and Brown Creeper, Singing Duet

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:48:12 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_qb7rvXi5OQotHFhKJ83B7A)

During this morning's successful search for Barred Owls I was serenanaded by the early spring chorus, highlighted by the unbelievable duet of the Winter Wren and Brown Creeper at Oakfield Provincial Park.  There were more Brown Creepers here this morning than I've encountered in a long time.  Both the male and female Barred Owls were present, their nest site being quite close.  The woodpecker clan was represented by the Hairy Woodpecker, the Downy Woodpecker, the Northern Flicker and the Pileated Woodpecker.  What's missing is the songs of our 22 nesting Warblers, but that's coming!

Hans
_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_qb7rvXi5OQotHFhKJ83B7A)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18876">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>During&nbsp;this morning's successful search for
<STRONG>Barred Owls</STRONG> I was serenanaded by the early spring chorus,
highlighted by&nbsp;the unbelievable duet of the <STRONG>Winter Wren</STRONG>
and <STRONG>Brown Creeper</STRONG> at Oakfield Provincial Park.&nbsp; There were
more Brown Creepers here this morning than I've encountered in a long
time.&nbsp; Both the male and female Barred Owls&nbsp;were present, their nest
site being quite close.&nbsp; The woodpecker clan was represented by the
<STRONG>Hairy Woodpecker</STRONG>, the <STRONG>Downy Woodpecker</STRONG>, the
<STRONG>Northern Flicker</STRONG> and the <STRONG>Pileated
Woodpecker</STRONG>.&nbsp; What's missing is the songs of our 22 nesting
Warblers, but that's coming!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_qb7rvXi5OQotHFhKJ83B7A)--