[NatureNS] Spring in Port Wiliams

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:17:11 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001636c92c9a3fc64b048229af12

Hi,

A  pair of Killdeer flew past my office this morning, calling. Red-winged
Blackbirds are singing on territory in the cat-tails at the sewage pond.
Flickers, Chickadees, Song sparrows and Juncos are singing all over the
place. Grackles are coming to the feeders. A Cardinal is waking us up at
dawn most mornings. Mallards and Geese seem to be pairing up on the local
ponds. There is a pair of Red-tails that look like they're hanging around
last year's nest site in the subdivision down the road. Ravens are occupying
the big nest just south of Belcher St. A colleague heard a Great Horned Owl
hooting the other evening. Many of our Crocuses are in full bloom. And
Spring doesn't start till 2:32 pm tomorrow!

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636c92c9a3fc64b048229af12

Hi,<br><br>A=A0 pair of Killdeer flew past my office this morning, calling.=
 Red-winged Blackbirds are singing on territory in the cat-tails at the sew=
age pond. Flickers, Chickadees, Song sparrows and Juncos are singing all ov=
er the place. Grackles are coming to the feeders. A Cardinal is waking us u=
p at dawn most mornings. Mallards and Geese seem to be pairing up on the lo=
cal ponds. There is a pair of Red-tails that look like they&#39;re hanging =
around last year&#39;s nest site in the subdivision down the road. Ravens a=
re occupying the big nest just south of Belcher St. A colleague heard a Gre=
at Horned Owl hooting the other evening. Many of our Crocuses are in full b=
loom. And Spring doesn&#39;t start till 2:32 pm tomorrow!<br>

1T0<br>