[NatureNS] A good book

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:25:03 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <ns-rba@yahoogroups.com>

--001636c924e678ef690480d8d755

Hi,

The 2nd edition of the best field guide to birds of Europe is now out,
called, in N.America, appropriately, Birds of Europe (2nd edition), by
Svensson, Mullarney and Zetterstrom. It's already sold out almost
everywhere, but Buteo Books (through the ABA web site) has some new stock
available, and I just bought one. There are a number of changes and
improvements from the 1st edition ( a new copy of which is selling on Amazon
for $600!). It remains a superb guide, fits into a large pocket or a
backpack, and has arguably the best text and illustrations for many species
that occur in both areas - e.g. waterfowl, gulls, loons, shorebirds etc.
Also IMHO a must for anyone travelling to Europe or W.Asia or N.Africa.

A great addition to the birding literature.

And BTW for people with Iphones, I-bird in its various forms is already
available as an App., and I see that an e-version of Sibley's field guide is
now available as well. The 1st edition of the above book is available for
the Palm Pilot, and apparently will be coming to the Iphone too.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001636c924e678ef690480d8d755

Hi,<br><br>The 2nd edition of the best field guide to birds of Europe is no=
w out, called, in N.America, appropriately, Birds of Europe (2nd edition), =
by Svensson, Mullarney and Zetterstrom. It&#39;s already sold out almost ev=
erywhere, but Buteo Books (through the ABA web site) has some new stock ava=
ilable, and I just bought one. There are a number of changes and improvemen=
ts from the 1st edition ( a new copy of which is selling on Amazon for $600=
!). It remains a superb guide, fits into a large pocket or a backpack, and =
has arguably the best text and illustrations for many species that occur in=
 both areas - e.g. waterfowl, gulls, loons, shorebirds etc. Also IMHO a mus=
t for anyone travelling to Europe or W.Asia or N.Africa.<br>

ith Iphones, I-bird in its various forms is already available as an App., a=
nd I see that an e-version of Sibley&#39;s field guide is now available as =
well. The 1st edition of the above book is available for the Palm Pilot, an=
d apparently will be coming to the Iphone too. <br>

href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>######=

--001636c924e678ef690480d8d755--