[NatureNS] Re: Scaup

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:03:46 -0400

There has been a flock of scaup  (bluebills) at hog Island, the mouth of the
Downey River, for about a week now. I haven't had my binoculars with me, and
anyway, I am waiting for cateract surgery, so can't give you any details,
but I would guess there are at least fifty there. We usually have a flock of
them around in the spring.
        Speaking of spring - I have a snow drop out on my front lawn, and
the crocus are coming around my well.
I am waiting for someone to tell us about the flowers of spring.

Roland.