[NatureNS] fox sparrow, yellow-rumped warbler, green-winged teal.

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:58:14 +0000

--_4a7597c0-7a10-4248-bea5-dfc56ddeaebf_

On Feb. 24=2C I located 12 yellow-rumped warblers.  These birds were along =
the trail by Highliner Foods just as you come out of the woods past the pow=
er generator and can first see the plant.  The fox sparrow was also present=
 there.  From what I saw it appears to be an Interior West Bird.  It defini=
tely is not Tiaga as the stripping was very dark rather then orange. =20

=20

Yesterday=2C David Walmark and I had a male and female green-winged teal on=
 the ice at First South.

=20

In this neck of the woods=2C waxwings=2C and crossbills are very scarce thi=
s winter.  I have seen three separate flocks of waxwings only.  The first w=
as as I was entering the door for work at Bridgewater.  The second this wee=
k as I was driving to work in Bridgewater and yesterday we saw the same flo=
ck three times in Lunenburg.  I was unable to catch these birds as they sat=
 so cannot say for sure whether they were cedar or Bohemians.  Based on siz=
e I would say that I've had both species. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20

--_4a7597c0-7a10-4248-bea5-dfc56ddeaebf_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
On Feb. 24=2C I located 12 yellow-rumped warblers.&nbsp=3B These birds were=
 along the trail by Highliner Foods just as you come out of the woods past =
the power generator and can first see the plant.&nbsp=3B The fox sparrow wa=
s also present there.&nbsp=3B From what I saw it appears to be an Interior =
West Bird.&nbsp=3B It definitely is not Tiaga as the stripping was very dar=
k rather then orange.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Yesterday=2C David Walmark and I had a male and female green-winged teal on=
 the ice at First South.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
In this neck of the woods=2C waxwings=2C and crossbills are very scarce thi=
s winter.&nbsp=3B I have seen three separate flocks of waxwings only.&nbsp=
=3B The first was as I was entering the door for work at Bridgewater.&nbsp=
=3B The second this week as I was driving to work in Bridgewater and yester=
day we saw the same flock three times in Lunenburg.&nbsp=3B I was unable to=
 catch these birds as they sat so cannot say for sure whether they were ced=
ar or Bohemians.&nbsp=3B Based on size I would say that I've had both speci=
es.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Not using Hotmail on your phone? Why not=
? <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9708120' target=3D'_new'>Get=
 it now.</a></body>

--_4a7597c0-7a10-4248-bea5-dfc56ddeaebf_--