[NatureNS] Acadia University, Heckman's Island Access

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:19:07 +0000

--_aea101b7-4ee1-41cd-9aec-9eb4ad8320ed_

Hi all:

=20

Excuse the posting to Naturens on this=2C but I know of no other way to mak=
e contact for permission to access a beautiful piece of nature.  There is a=
 wonderful property owned by Acadia University=2C through Dr. Archibald at =
Heckman's Island.  Prior to now I would gain access by letting the caretake=
r of the property know that I was going there.  They no longer have the car=
etaker and I do not want to go on to the property without consent.

=20

I would like to lead a South Shore Naturalists outing there in April as the=
y have a wonderful woodland hiking trail.  I also would like to make return=
 visits to the property throughout the year as there is great habitat prese=
nt for a lot of species for the Breeding Bird Atlas that I do not have in t=
hat square yet.  If someone from Acadia with authority on this could send m=
e a personal email back it would be appreciated.

=20

Sincerely=2C

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
Introducing Windows=AE phone.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9708122=

--_aea101b7-4ee1-41cd-9aec-9eb4ad8320ed_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Excuse the posting to Naturens on this=2C but I know of no other way to mak=
e contact for permission to access a beautiful piece of nature.&nbsp=3B The=
re is a wonderful property owned by Acadia University=2C through Dr. Archib=
ald at Heckman's Island.&nbsp=3B Prior to now I would gain access by lettin=
g the caretaker of the property know that I was going there.&nbsp=3B They n=
o longer have the caretaker and I do not want to go on to the property with=
out consent.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I would like to lead a South Shore Naturalists&nbsp=3Bouting there in April=
 as they have a wonderful woodland hiking trail.&nbsp=3B I also would like =
to make return visits to the property throughout the year as there is great=
 habitat present for a lot of species for the Breeding Bird Atlas that I do=
 not have in that square yet.&nbsp=3B If someone from Acadia with authority=
 on this could send me a personal email back it would be appreciated.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Sincerely=2C<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />All your Hotmail contacts on your phone.=
it now.</a></body>

--_aea101b7-4ee1-41cd-9aec-9eb4ad8320ed_--