[NatureNS] Re: Dark Raptor

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:03:16 -0400
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John - The white windows under the wings are the best field mark for
imm. Goldens. Sibley's shows this also on p.126. A Swainson's has
narrower wings (reminds me of harrier in that way) and light from body
on to darker ends. ( Somewhat reversed from all other raptors.) Keep
posting, as it alerts us all to keep our eyes open. Cheers, Joan