[NatureNS] Re: Thrush sp.

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:54:24 -0400
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Steve Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>

Hi Stephen, I would have come in a jiffy for a thrush! I live just
across the lake and can see your property from here.
While I am no expert, I did do thrush surveys for a couple of years in
the Cobequids. Try the head, tail,belly, back glance for ID when they
are not singing.
 And Yes, I have seen some thrushes in the winter. In Barrington area I
would see a Hermit or a Swainson about every second or third winter.
Here in Hfx, a Swainson's came to the doorstep of my daughter's house
when we were living on Northwood.
Cheers, Joan