[NatureNS] RE: re seal issues in N.S. & Can. & world

From: nhungjohn <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:30:33 -0400

class=3D"Apple-style-span" color=3D"#333333" face

--Boundary_(ID_d+TNL++8Ctn9C/HHAy1mLw)

There are many sides to this story.

Last week,  I heard a senior PETA person (New York based) implying that greedy Newfoundland sealers were still murdering baby harp seals.  If you tell a lie often enough, it gets believed.

Then there are those European seal culls ...

Fully agreed that we need an ethical, humane, sustainable, seal harvest, particularly in light of the explosions in some populations.