[NatureNS] Interesting feeder bird

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:01:56 -0400
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_Zmhy154YbVb3zpSmEfGomg)

I have been having intermittent visits from a flicker over the past few
weeks - (along with one fox sparrow for approx 10days) and regular
visits from a pair of downies and a pair of hairys - which may be due to
the higher than normal number of dead and dying spruce trees (? due to
spruce bark beetle) in this area.

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margarets Bay

On 20/01/2010 5:31 PM, Bob McDonald wrote:
> There have been few reports of Northern Flickers within metro Halifax so thought that I would report a very brief visit from one mid-afternoon.  It seemed very wary, took a few pecks at the suet feeder, briefly checked out the sunflower seed feeder and then took off.  No time for a picture!
> We do have a regular pair of Downies, and a single Hairy re-appeared yesterday after a week-long absence.
>
> In contrast to some other locations in the Province, there have been few reports of A Robins around Halifax.  We did hear and see two during the Sewer Stroll on Sunday Jan 10.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob McDonald
> bobathome@eastlink.ca

--Boundary_(ID_Zmhy154YbVb3zpSmEfGomg)

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
intermittent visits from a flicker over the past few weeks - (along
with one fox sparrow for approx 10days) and regular visits from a pair
of downies and a pair of hairys</font> - <font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">which may be due to</font> <font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">the</font> <font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">higher than normal number of dead
and dying spruce trees (? due to spruce bark beetle)</font> <font
 face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">in this area.<br>
Eleanor Lindsay<br>
Seabright, St Margarets Bay </font><br>
  <pre wrap="">There have been few reports of Northern Flickers within metro Halifax so thought that I would report a very brief visit from one mid-afternoon.  It seemed very wary, took a few pecks at the suet feeder, briefly checked out the sunflower seed feeder and then took off.  No time for a picture!
We do have a regular pair of Downies, and a single Hairy re-appeared yesterday after a week-long absence.

In contrast to some other locations in the Province, there have been few reports of A Robins around Halifax.  We did hear and see two during the Sewer Stroll on Sunday Jan 10.

Cheers,

Bob McDonald
bobathome@eastlink.ca

  </pre>