[NatureNS] Red-tailed Hawk over Halifax Harbour

From: Pat McKay <ah205@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:36:37 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00163641704bd6c9e2047d73cc05

Hello All,

I saw some exciting action over the harbour this morning around noon. A
casual glance out of the sittingroom window  showed that the gulls were all
upset about something, and were flying about in circles. Usually this means
that the Bald Eagle is around, but today when I looked with binoculars, I
could see that it was a Red-tailed Hawk being harried by crows and a raven.
I watched it for almost 5 minutes with my binoculars and my scope until it
finally flew away into the distance over Halifax.

Pat McKay

--00163641704bd6c9e2047d73cc05

Hello All,<br><br>I saw some exciting action over the harbour this morning =
around noon. A casual glance out of the sittingroom window=C2=A0 showed tha=
t the gulls were all upset about something, and were flying about in circle=
s. Usually this means that the Bald Eagle is around, but today when I looke=
d with binoculars, I could see that it was a Red-tailed Hawk being harried =
by crows and a raven.<br>