[NatureNS] White Point, Queens

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:24:27 -0400

It wasn't busy at the feeders today but we had a couple interesting birds. A
gorgeous Northern Flicker was trying to feed at the seed cake and doing the
flutter/hover at the chickadee feeder.
We had all the sparrows we have been reporting and the fox sparrow was back
as well. There is a larger hawk, I am now sure it isn't the sharp-shinned,
as it seems to hunt that.........I saw one the other day on the cross member
of the honeysuckle support beside the steps and it has a rounded tail, a
larger head and the tail have a "v" in it. First I thought a Coopers
possibly but I can't say.
The shrike (I missed seeing it for several days) was in the grapevine about
4:30 pm. I think it took something from the ground and flew back to the
bushes behind the house and it was too dark to find it.
Marg Millard White Point, Queens

http://MargMillard.ca