[NatureNS] Cape Sable Island Christmas Bird Count

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:22:17 +0000

--_81e0efdf-d189-41fb-8fb4-40e28257c5d6_

Dorothy Poole and I today covered from the outskirts of Woods Harbour back =
to Barrington.  We were please to see 42 species. thi is only one section o=
f the whole circle.  Highlights for us wer a lot of Canada Geese and Americ=
an robins on the move.  We had 150 robins. =20

=20

Other good birds were two northern pintails in flight with American black d=
ucks at Shag Harbour. =20

=20

Two belted kingfishers.

=20

Two great blue heron=20

=20

We had two boreal chickadees at Cemetary Road.

=20

I had a ruby-crowned kinglet.  This was at the location of our first swamp =
sparrow at Woods Harbour.  We pulled off at an area with a huge alder patch=
.  This area produced a number of other sparrows=2C a golden-crowned kingle=
t and the ruby-crowned kinglet.

=20

We had seven yellow-rumped warblers.  A group of five and then two separate=
s. =20

=20

Three orange-crowned warblers were a treat at the lot just before Captain W=
aynes in Shag Harbour.

=20

We had three swamp sparrows total.  One was at the post office at Shag Harb=
our.

=20

We had a single common grackle just outside of Barrington. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
Ready. Set. Get a great deal on Windows 7. See fantastic deals on Windows 7=
 now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9691818=

--_81e0efdf-d189-41fb-8fb4-40e28257c5d6_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Dorothy Poole and I today covered from the outskirts of Woods Harbour back =
to Barrington.&nbsp=3B We were please to see 42 species. thi is only one se=
ction of the whole circle.&nbsp=3B Highlights for us wer a lot of Canada Ge=
ese and American robins on the move.&nbsp=3B We had 150 robins.&nbsp=3B <BR=

&nbsp=3B<BR>
Other good birds were two northern pintails in flight with American black d=
ucks at Shag Harbour.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Two belted kingfishers.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Two great blue heron <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had two boreal chickadees at Cemetary Road.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I had a ruby-crowned kinglet.&nbsp=3B This was at the location of our first=
 swamp sparrow at Woods Harbour.&nbsp=3B We pulled off at an area with a hu=
ge alder patch.&nbsp=3B This area produced a number of other sparrows=2C a =
golden-crowned kinglet and the ruby-crowned kinglet.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had seven yellow-rumped warblers.&nbsp=3B A group of five and then two s=
eparates.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Three orange-crowned warblers were a treat at the lot just before Captain W=
aynes in Shag Harbour.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had three swamp sparrows total.&nbsp=3B One was at the post office at Sh=
ag Harbour.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had a single common grackle just outside of Barrington.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see ho=
w it works the way you want. <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9=
691813' target=3D'_new'>See the Windows 7 offers now.</a></body>

--_81e0efdf-d189-41fb-8fb4-40e28257c5d6_--