[NatureNS] White Point Christmas Bird Count

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:31:48 +0000

--_8b3233d0-7492-4ece-b7c4-f9ae840b50a2_

Hi all:

=20

A quick review of the two teams in the field and our one feeder watcher sho=
ws our efforts to come to 53 species.  I think this is great considering th=
e heavy winds and constant snow squalls that took place today.  It for me w=
as one of the coldest and most unpleasant Christmas Bird Counts that I've p=
articipated in over the years.  Dorothy Poole and I comprised the one team =
in the field and we had 44 species. =20

=20

Highlights which some might wish to pursue were three green-winged teal on =
the White Point Property.  If you take the back road to the bridge that cro=
sses the walking trail there is open water.  This is where the teal came to=
. =20

=20

We had Northern Gannets at Summerville Beach and Sylvia Fullerton had them =
at Western Head.  At Summerville Beach there were 19 yellow-rumped warblers=
.

=20

Sylvia had a Barrows Goldeneye=2C but I'm not sure of the location.  She al=
so had four double-crested cormorants that were with great cormorants at th=
e look-off along the Beach Meadows Road. =20

=20

Lots of Canada geese were on the move today with flocks going everywhere we=
 stopped.  With one of these flocks near Summerville Beach was a snow goose=
.  I do not know where this bird will end up as the birds were in flight in=
 the direction of Cape Sable Island or maybe Port Joli. =20

=20

We had a yellow-breasted chat at the Anthony Trail along Bog Road. =20

=20

We had five Cardinals in Liverpool and Sylvia had one at Brooklyn.

=20

Dorothy has a red-winged blackbird tending at her feeders which we caught a=
t the end of day. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		 =20
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9691815=

--_8b3233d0-7492-4ece-b7c4-f9ae840b50a2_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
A quick review of the two teams in the field and our one feeder watcher sho=
ws our efforts to come to 53 species.&nbsp=3B I think this is great conside=
ring the heavy winds and constant snow squalls that took place today.&nbsp=
=3B It for me was one of the coldest and most unpleasant Christmas Bird Cou=
nts that I've participated in over the years.&nbsp=3B Dorothy Poole and I c=
omprised the one team in the field and we had 44 species.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Highlights which some might wish to pursue were three green-winged teal on =
the White Point Property.&nbsp=3B If you take the back road to the bridge t=
hat crosses the walking trail there is open water.&nbsp=3B This is where th=
e teal came to.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had Northern Gannets at Summerville Beach and Sylvia Fullerton had them =
at Western Head.&nbsp=3B At Summerville Beach there were 19 yellow-rumped w=
arblers.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Sylvia had a Barrows Goldeneye=2C but I'm not sure of the location.&nbsp=3B=
 She also had four double-crested cormorants that were with great cormorant=
s at the look-off along the Beach Meadows Road.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Lots of Canada geese were on the move today with flocks going everywhere we=
 stopped.&nbsp=3B With one of these flocks near Summerville Beach was a sno=
w goose.&nbsp=3B I do not know where this bird will end up as the birds wer=
e in flight in the direction of Cape Sable Island or maybe Port Joli.&nbsp=
=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had a yellow-breasted chat at the Anthony Trail along Bog Road.&nbsp=3B =
<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
We had five Cardinals in Liverpool and Sylvia had one at Brooklyn.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Dorothy has a red-winged blackbird tending at her feeders which we caught a=
t the end of day.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  <br /><hr />Windows Live: Keep your friends up to da=
te <a href=3D'http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9691810' target=3D'_new'>wi=
th what you do online.</a></body>

--_8b3233d0-7492-4ece-b7c4-f9ae840b50a2_--