[NatureNS] Atlantic Puffin

From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:11:51 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_+in1SskhEZtbNKBFY/uqlg)

The Atlantic Puffin can be hard bird to find viewing from shore with just the naked eye.  I spotted a pair this afternoon beating their way southwest along the coast from Duncan Reef towards Sambro Island.  We didn't find any on Sambro Island on my atlasing trip out to the place a couple of years ago but I'll try again next year. A small colony of puffins would be very hard to find especially if nesting in the same place as the big gulls.  The puffin is locally rare.

Hans

_________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
Website: http://hanstoom.com
_________________________________

--Boundary_(ID_+in1SskhEZtbNKBFY/uqlg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18852">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The <STRONG>Atlantic Puffin</STRONG> can be hard
bird to find viewing from shore with just the naked eye.&nbsp; I spotted a pair
this afternoon beating their way southwest along the coast from Duncan Reef
towards Sambro Island.&nbsp; We didn't find any on Sambro Island on my atlasing
trip out to the place a couple of years ago but I'll try again next year.&nbsp;A
small colony of puffins would be very hard to find especially if nesting in the
same place as the big gulls.&nbsp; The puffin is locally rare.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>_________________________________<BR>Hans
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>Website: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com">http://hanstoom.com</A>

--Boundary_(ID_+in1SskhEZtbNKBFY/uqlg)--