[NatureNS] Birch trees

Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:31:31 -0400
From: V Redden <vredden@efpservices.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------000200080202060106020704

There is s nice path through some birch trees at the Wallace Bay
National Wildlife Area.m
Close to the parking area and with a nice background
Virginia Port Howe NS

Kathleen MacAulay wrote:
> I'm hoping to tap into the naturalist knowledge on this list to finish
> my Christmas gift list this year. A family member has requested a
> photo (taken by me) of a stand of mature white birch trees in
> snow. I'm having a hard time finding a stand of mature birches that a)
> is mostly white birch, b)has nice straight trunks and c) is at least
> somewhat near central NS (HRM, Truro, Windsor etc). I may not get the
> snow, but I'd like to find the place. Anyone have any suggestions? I
> had thought Birch Cove would work, but those trees aren't all that
> photogenic.
>
> Kathleen MacAulay
> Milford Station

> Looking for the perfect gift?* Give the gift of Flickr!*
> <http://www.flickr.com/gift/>

--------------000200080202060106020704

<head>
</head>
There is s nice path through some birch trees at the Wallace Bay
National Wildlife Area.m<br>
Close to the parking area and with a nice background<br>
Virginia Port Howe NS <br>
Kathleen MacAulay wrote:
 type="cite">
 style="font-family: verdana,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
 face="verdana, helvetica, sans-serif">I'm hoping to tap into the
naturalist knowledge on this list to finish my Christmas gift list this
year.&nbsp;A family member has requested a photo (taken by me)&nbsp;of a&nbsp;stand of
mature&nbsp;white birch trees in snow.&nbsp;I'm having a hard time finding a
stand of mature birches that a) is&nbsp;mostly white birch, b)has nice
straight trunks and c) is at least somewhat&nbsp;near central NS (HRM,
Truro, Windsor&nbsp;etc). I may not get the snow, but I'd like to find the
place. Anyone have any suggestions? I had thought Birch Cove would
  <hr size="1">Looking for the perfect gift?<a moz-do-not-send="true"

--------------000200080202060106020704--