[NatureNS] House Sparrows

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:37:50 -0400

We usually have a big flock in the summer and fall, which, by spring, is
considerably smaller.  This year seems the same, so far.  At present, the
fight is on for seeds, between the house sparrows, the starlings, and the
pigeons.  The pigeons grab onto the feeder and flutter their wings, trying
to stay attached to the small perches, thus causing a spill which they then
gobble up happily.