[NatureNS] Eurasian Wigeon in Windsor, Sandhill Cranes still

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:32:12 -0400
From: V Redden <vredden@efpservices.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

face=3D"Courier" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px Courier"&gt;Halifax
--------------030602080507090108020300

Hi Pat
Could you please tell me how to "move one house toward the west" in such
a short time and with so few peopl.
Thanks
Virginia Redden
 Port Howe
Cumb Co

Patrick Kelly wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> A group of us (myself, Suzanne Borkowski, Gail Bruhm, Ulli Hoeger,
> David and Janey Hughes, and Bob McDonald, were at the Windsor sewage
> lagoons this afternoon. There was a group of 15 or so American
> wigeons, with a Eurasian wigeon that was usually not with the main
> group of Americans.
>
> We then went to the location given for the sandhill cranes, stopped in
> front of the white house just before the silos and easily found them.
> They were slowly working their way west, and did not have their heads
> up all that often. We then went to the dyke, but did not see the snowy
> owl, although we did take a long walk along the dyke facing into the
> strong wind, to get a better look at a white rock…
>
> On the way back we met up with Liz Doull and returned to the original
> place from which we had seen them but had no luck. We moved one house
> towards the west and spotted them, with an even better view than the
> first time.
>
> Finally we looked for the northern mockingbird, with no success, but
> give the wind that was blowing, all the smaller birds were well
> hunkered down..

> Patrick Kelly
>
> Director of Computer Facilities

> Faculty of Architecture and Planning
>
> Dalhousie University

> PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
>
> Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
>
> Canada                                 Canada

> Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672
> E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca <mailto:patrick.kelly@dal.ca>

--------------030602080507090108020300

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Hi Pat <br>
Could you please tell me how to "move one house toward the west" in
such a short time and with so few peopl. <br>
Thanks <br>
Virginia Redden<br>
 Port Howe <br>
Cumb Co<br>
Patrick Kelly wrote:
 type="cite">Hello everyone:
Hoeger, David and Janey Hughes, and Bob McDonald, were at the Windsor
sewage lagoons this afternoon. There was a group of 15 or so American
wigeons, with a Eurasian wigeon that was usually not with the main
group of Americans.</div>
stopped in front of the white house just before the silos and easily
found them. They were slowly working their way west, and did not have
their heads up all that often. We then went to the dyke, but did not
see the snowy owl, although we did take a long walk along the dyke
facing into the strong wind, to get a better look at a white rock…</div>
original place from which we had seen them but had no luck. We moved
one house towards the west and spotted them, with an even better view
than the first time. </div>
but give the wind that was blowing, all the smaller birds were well
hunkered down..</div>
 class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px;"><font
 class="Apple-style-span" face="Helvetica"><span
 class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: medium;"><br>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 face="Courier" size="3">==========================================================================</font></p>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 face="Courier" size="3">Patrick Kelly</font></p>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 face="Courier" size="3">Director of Computer Facilities</font></p>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 face="Courier" size="3">Faculty of Architecture and Planning</font></p>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"
 face="Courier" size="3">Dalhousie University</font></p>
 style="font-family: Courier; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line